Found Sound is a series of free, educational events introducing young people with no prior musical training to the performance and composition of experimental music.
All workshops free and open to the public. No prior musical experience required. Programs appropriate for all ages but are especially recommended for ages 5-10. All relevant materials will be provided at each workshop.
Creative Soundmaking with Everyday Objects
- April 1, 4:30-5:30pm, Gloria J. Parks Community Center
Creative Soundmaking with Groups of People
- May 5, 4:30-5:30pm, Seneca Babcock Community Center
Creative Soundmaking with Architecture with guest artist Sarah Hennies
- May 10, 5-6:30pm, Old First Ward Community Center
- While materials will be provided, participants are invited to bring their own portable sound players (radios, mp3 players, phones, etc.) as well as sounding chambers (bowls, buckets, tubs, pots/pans, etc.).
Creative Soundmaking with Everyday Sounds
- May 18, 5-6pm, The WASH Project
- May 26, and June 2, 9, and 16, all at 5-6pm, Old First Ward Community Center
June 23, 6pm, Old First Ward Community Center, Senior Room
For more information and updates:
Curator: Colin Tucker
Facilitators: Laura Kelly & Sara Heidinger
Artists: Jessie Downs, Esin Gündüz, Ethan Hayden, Sarah Hennies, Zane Merritt, Colin Tucker, and David Wegehaupt
Media Partner & Sponsor: The Public